Thursday, June 17, 2010

Who the F am I ?

How do I describe myself? To put it in short I am - the pride and joy of Mangalore, uber-sledger, hopeless actor, tireless prankster, sinfully handsome, limitlessly talented, astoundingly smart, religiously dedicated, Gandhi-cally sincere, extremely caring, Spartan-ically courageous, spontaneous like a river, Birbal-ically witty, Oscar Wilde-ishly humorous, unbelievably charming, surgically precise, wise like an old fox, sharp like a scalpel, strong like a bull and sensitive like a flower. The only downside to being me is that I am extremely prone to lying in order to impress.


Now onto the part of my life I call “Fictional Reality”. I am basically from Mangalore, Karnataka but did most of my schooling in Guwahati, Assam – a place which is closer to our neighbouring countries more than most places in our own country. I did my Mechanical Engineering from NIT Warangal, Andhra Pradesh (Class of 2006). At this point I thought life was about reducing every imaginable situation to esoteric numerical problems.

By then Ashok Leyland had decided that they wanted some insanity in the organization. They hired me as a Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET). After being rotated in different functions for the first 5 months I realized my calling: Marketing. My marketing project won the 2nd Best project award in my batch of GETs. I joined their Mumbai office to look after After-Sales because I strongly felt that was a role which would keep me closest to customers. There I learnt the fundamental lesson that Marketing teaches you - Customer = Cusht-se-mar.

In April 2009 I joined Indian School of Business to pursue my MBA. At ISB, I was on the Graduate Student Board as the “Director – Operations and Infrastructure Council” for my class. I was also the crusader in the war against Arbit Class Participation and had a very popular blog on the same called “Bakwas Bandh Karo” (BBK). In recognition to the destruction and chaos I had done over the year I was also awarded the “ISB Young Leader Award”.



I am an active blogger and go by the name of “Smack D” in the virtual world. In Jan 2010, ITC recruited me since in the matrix above since I fell in the top right quadrant. Now all I am doing is looking forward to rocking the world of Sales! Anyways all said and done, if you are disappointed at my boring introduction, blame your high expectations. If not, I want my money back !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you've put some thought in the chart :). Good going dude, I'm sure there are jobs for every cell in that matrix, so you can pick what you want :D

Unknown said...

Hehehe ... u bet !