Tuesday, August 17, 2010

O-week: Day Zero @ Ground Zero (The M-files)

Well Ladies and gentleman, the cat is finally out of the bag ! 570 people have become The ISB on April 11th. To ensure the smooth transition from Joblessness  to Timelessness we have the Orientation week aka 'O'-week wherein the outgoing class (Class of 2009) ushers in the new class (Class of 2010 i.e us) through a varied range of activities. 



Let me take you through the week in my Ishtyle:

April 11th

This was the beginning of welcome ceremony @ ISB. I checked into my SV viz. SV4 [latest erection on campus] and headed to the recreation centre. After finishing through with the well-structured process I was finally registered as ISB student at 11am. April 11th also saw the birth of the infamous Queuing theory i.e. where there is a will there is a way and where there is a way there is a que ! To an outsider it looked like the que for Indian Idol auditions but when 600 people are registering on a single day you gotta expect a que. One of the que jumpers at the bank loan counter nearly got clobbered ! In fact there was a huge queue outside the toilets as well.




In the evening we had the Dean's address who declared us as the ISB. Mr. Restless got excited and even before he realized he had started shaking a leg. Then we had the welcome dinner. Again a Que. But me being me preferred to hit the desert counter and boy didnt the Carrot Halwa justify my 'strategy'. As for the dinner, I must not have been particularly hungry as I went in the Dinner line but came out with only the Papad in my plate. The evening also saw a lot of people who were plain attention seekers choosing to distract rather than attract attention.



Meanwhile Saurabh Goyal walked upto me but I let him come close after I was sure he wasnt carrying a Fork to stab me after what I had done to him on Yahoo Groups ! During the entire course of the evening  I caught up with a lot of people whom I had traumatized in Mumbai or over Yahoo groups or Facebook.  Shouvik understood the nuances of missing a train when one's carrying a huge baggage. Hardik was out looking for people he had bonded / challenged in the past months. Shishir was wondering as to where and how he can go about in his new role as Mr. Natwork Lal. 




Colonel Sandeep Muthoot was wondering as to how he could hide his paunch. Ashwin was flaggergasted to not see a counter for diet coke. Jay Shah was elated on learning that ISB already had a wine club but that Khushi turned into a Gham when he found out that places near ISB didnt serve wine. PK (after shedding the multi-layer personality driven clothes he wore to the airport in the morning) was wondering if it was fate that put him in SV1 where there is no 'diversity' that he sought. 



Aishwarya seemed to be in high spirits, afterall it was the beginning of no-stalking days in her life. Mamta aka Lady M was back to her mysterious ways while Pranjal double checked anything I offered her (water, advice and jokes) since she didnt want history of 'Vodka' to repeat itself. Parag D (or now Swamy D) as usual was hunting for his D-spot where he could park his ass and dive away from wine, women and glory. Rishi was his usual self, Bollywood hunk, looking down to run down any idiot or trouble maker with his little Romeo. Siddharth Negandhi was trying to distinguish himself from all the other Siddharths through Negandhigiri. Pruthvi was contemplating the whole evening whether to eat the salad first or the Papad which I solved by eating the Papad off his plate.

After that we had a mini-booze party in front of SV3 and no prizes for guessing which Restless character was the order taker. Sai Pondalur was trying real hard to get an image-makeover from a white-underwear hater cum Shishir basher. He ended up pitching his tent outside SV3. Saroni (pronounced as Sha-roni) decided to a honorary engineer and demonstrate entropy (chaos and restlessness) i.e. she was so hyper-excited about her new independent life that I doubt if she could manage to fall asleep that night. Soon a lot of people joined in but I was feeling too tired so decided to call it a day. Diet Coke Keshto Ashwin decided to give me company since we lived in the same SV.

It was a long and tiring day for sure but not without the usual share of thrills and frills. An exciting year awaited us !

NEXT: Treasure Hunt and the First Party !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Movers Las Vegas

Maninder said...

Thanks for these nice blog, i hoping to see more about these topic very soon.

Thanks,
Ray Grimm