Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Singh is (Retard) King

I might be blogging a little late on this. But rather late than never. 


For me 'Singh is King' is as retarded as retarded can be. I could never understand how it ever become a 'hit' ? To be honest I would rather pick my nose than watch 'Singh is King'.


Akshay Kumar and me share the same happy wala birthday. So I usually judge his films from the softest corner of my heart. Even that couldn't make me like 'Singh is King'. The entire first scene with Akki chasing the hen was retardity of the highest order. It had the potential to make people puke on themselves. And the last scene where Akki is savng Kat while accidentally taking 'pheras' made me feel the same way I felt in those sex-ed lectures at school where they would shamelessly insult your intelligence. The only two good parts in the movie was the 'Intermission' and 'The End'. 






The entire range of jokes involving paralysed man on wheelchair was disgusting and not funny. I dont know why film makers in the last 50 years have not been able to come up with anything other than the cliched 'Surds are good with pure hearts of gold' dialogues. 


I heard there are 3 follow up movies planned to Singh is King - Kaur Is Queen, Prince & Yuvraaj. The last two are the same Patiala pegs - 1 in lota & 1 in mug. Oops !! My news is slightly outdated. The last two in fact have already got made and have ran very successfully i.e. People managed to run as far as they can from them very successfully. 






Apparently Havells wants to sponsor "Kaur Is Queen" since they too love to insult intelligence which is clearly depicted in their ads. Maaza is also giving them tough competition. In a bold display of surrogate advertising, their Aamsutra ads are designed to look like a cryptic trailer for Kaur Is Queen. Some of their smart MBA employees have roped in Katrina by giving her Pulp Equity. 


Not to be left behind, attention-seeker Hard Kaur has claimed that Kaur is Queen is based loosely on her life. Thats because someone told her that the movie was about bad dancing and silicon implants.



Still to be fair, 'Singh is King' had some good things about it. For starters it makes the Axe ads look intelligent. The movie has also helped medical research. Javed Jaffrey's expressions during his dialogue delivery gave insights about constipated people. 

To conclude, Harman Baweja's acting career teaches us that not everything in life has a purpose. Dont believe me ? Watch his movies for proof:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pathetic use of the word retard. Do you use other slurs in your every day life or do you just mock people with special needs?

Unknown said...

@hmshore: I never mock people with special needs. I use 'retard' to convey "extremeness in stupidity". If you read my post, I have expressed disgust at the jokes made on people with any form of disability, case-in-point being the jokes made on the paralysed man on the wheelchair in the movie.