Thursday, August 5, 2010

How ISB Co2010 will revive the economy


Of late I have seen a lot of debate on Y! groups on how we can revive the economy. One thing we all agree upon is that each one of us has to contribute in some way or the other to revive the economy. So here is Smack D's prescription on how my fellow classmates can 'contribute':

1. Each one gift one: The best way to kickstart any economy is to target 'internal consumption'. (Source: MRC / New article on ISB site thread). So I suggest that all you guys buy me something on your way to ISB. Remember the better the investment you make for my gift, the bigger the stimulus the economy gets. Let me take two cases to explain: Mr. A buys me a Eclairs candy and Mr. B buys me a Porsche. Now how much of value can Mr. A add to the economy - not very significant ! 



While Mr. B adds a lot. One he buys me a expensive car. I invest on the fuel, tyres and maintenance. Oil companies and the retailers earn from the fuel. They are going to invest this money somewhere and grow it. More money means more spending power. More spending means the currency flow in the market is better. Economy gains !!

 2. Bring on the ladies: Its a well known fact that in India men spend more on women than anybody else because they are more chivalrous than their western counterparts. So somebody please write a mail to Mr. Menon asking him to take as many women as possible  in R2 for economy's sake (not for the safety in numbers that our restless charmer advocates for) ! Also the higher the number of women graduating from ISB the better for economy coz' women love shopping. I am sure most of the pay would go towards shopping and more shopping ! Economy gains again !!



3. Show me the money: Bank balances look good but they do no good to the economy. So after you have spent enough on women and my gifts I suggest that you hand over all your money and life savings to me, so that I can splurge and try my level best to boost the economy !



Any more suggestions are surely welcome.

2 comments:

The Teacher said...

Dude, why are you posting year old posts? Have you gone back in time smoking all the way on a cycle?

The Teacher said...

Dude, why are you posting year old posts? Have you gone back in time smoking all the way on a cycle?