Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Enter SmackD The Director !

Phew ! Whatte Week  ! Last Sunday after spending some awesome time with my friends at Hyderabad I came back to campus a fully contended man ! I felt I was ready to take over the world ! 

I had been in two minds about standing for the post of Director - Operations and Infrastructure Council. It was a trade-off as to how much time I could devote to myself (Friends, BBK, Blog etc) vs. to others (Acads, OIC etc). I loved this kind of Thankless jobs. Brings out the best in me because nothing is more challenging than get a Thank you in a thankless job. My success at Ashok Leyland (in far more worse n thankless conditions) was a testimony to the fact that I can do justice to this post. 

By the way I personally feel voting in India especially in the General Elections is a scam. I think those survey junta like Gallup must do all this and tell us who won. Anyways they make a living out of such kind of stuff. How many people brush twice a day, how many people are men, how many people had monkeys as ancestors kind of surveys ! Will save us a major pain of going and voting between the bad and worse. 


By the way when you are standing for the elections, all of you can think of is elections the whole day. What are my chances, who are all the competitors etc etc ? When I look at my watch to see the time I see elections all over it !


After I had decided on it fully I wrote down my manifesto, bringing about in one page major issues that I wanted to tackle this year. Was careful enough not to have a Jargon-filled manifesto. Afterall I was presenting ideas and not taking a marketing lecture !

Then came the Presentation ! I didnt want to pretend as somebody else on the stage. So I prepared a PPT which had SmackD signature all over it.  ( A separate blog on this coming up next)


In the end though I won by a convincingly huge margin but the competiton was tougher than what it may seem on paper. Hopefully now I will be able to do justice to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting elected as 'The Director', all the best in your endeavors as Director. also why arent you posting on the "ISB Class of Twenty Ten" Blog??? believe me i visit the blog everyday just to see if you have posted any :) please continue to post there too.