Thursday, December 25, 2008

Smack D in the house !


Here I am ! Another milestone in my journey called Life ! The ISB-MMX bloggers war 1.0 is asking about the journey. (Deadline has passed ! But ki farak painda hai !) 

Getting into ISB was not easy ! It involved lot of planning and execution from others for me to get in. I paid my friend to prepare for GMAT on my behalf while I sat and finished 5 seasons of "Two and a Half Men". He had done a fine job coz I scored 720 though all that my other friend who wrote the GMAT on my behalf did was click the mouse. 

Then my roommate created a login for me at ISB and completed majority of my application details in exchange for letting him use my laptop to book his honeymoon travel. Then came the difficult part - Essays !!

Essay 1: Three reasons why ISB should take me
I asked my rival colleague to write it for me so that his biggest competitor is out of his way doing an MBA.  And Boy !! He did oblige gleefully and wrote it with intense passion.

Essay 2: Speech for GSB President
I asked my best friend to do it for me. He is full of shit and still has so much crap to offer to the world. So I thought why not give something to ISB. 

Essay 3: Zumba essay
For this I asked my Uncle who is a speech writer for the local MP. Crappola is his domain of expertise. He filled it up with so much of empty promises, blah-blah that ISB Adcom would have given a standing ovation after reading this one. 

Reco 1: This was the best way for my boss to get rid of me without looking evil and what a fine job he had done (for once!). If he had written even 10% of it for himself during the time when he was trying to crack MBA then he would have made it to Harvard.

Reco 2: This was the most expensive of all. I had to treat my colleague to a lunch at "China Valley" to write this one for me. And he didnt let the Fried Wantons down !! 

For the application fee I sold some of the shoes and sandals people had thrown at me all these years. I had made so much of money that I saved enough for the acceptance fee as well. With a application like that ISB couldnt ignore a candidate like me. 

My interview was in the evening at about 7. It lasted about 40 mins coz the Samosas took time to come. My application was so strong that they didnt have to ask me a question. 

As expected I got a mail from Mr. Menon saying that I was admitted to the Class of 2010. Hurray !! Hats off to all of you who worked behind the scenes for me !

Now I am looking for someone who will study the course for me and do the pre-reads, assignments and case studies. Are you interested ? 

5 comments:

Sindhu Subramaniam said...

A rather interesting app process I must say. Well, perhaps the adcoms should have admitted all your behind the scenes people as well, but how does it matter, when they can get all those qualities in one nutshell???!!??? Cheers man, and thanks for the comment on my blog.... Merry Christmas....

Um viajante said...

Hilarious! I volunteer

Shouvik Sarkar said...

Has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time.
You should be hosting a show or something, Vijeth!

TheYoungNRestless said...

Ok NOW I understand how a smackdog became ISB millionaire, even when doctors and lawyers don't cross 60,000!!

-
Shishir

Unknown said...

We're looking for kidney donors for the sum of $500,000,00, For more details,Email: donyahockett2018@gmail.com